Friday, November 22, 2013

Knob Creek Review

I have completed my first ever review of a straight bourbon whiskey, Knob Creek.  I have never tried Knob Creek nor have I consumed very much bourbon during my 67 years. Being a novice I was intellectually and sensually intimidated by the whole process.  I wasn’t sure my senses were up to the finite discrimination required of the task, and they weren’t.
To provide my mind with a mental context, I sought out other reviews of Knob Creek.  That did help focus my brain/senses, but believe me I definitely need bourbon tasting sensual diversity training.  

The review:

Knob Creek

Amount: 50 ml

Proof: 100—diluted with 1 teaspoon of filtered water.

Info on bottle: Aged 9 years, small batch, hand bottled in limited quantities for superior smoothness

Color: Medium to dark amber.

Nose: After a few minutes of sniffing (to get over the alcohol aroma) I could definitely detect the oak and maple sugar nose.

Taste: The caramel flavor was most dominant, but the oak notes were there as well.

Finish: The finish was smooth. But, the fist two swallows seemed to kick like a 12 gauge shotgun. As my palette learned what to expect the subsequent swallows produced more of a 410 kick/tap.

Overall: The bourbon was good I would try it again. Since this the first, in what I hope is a series of review, I may need to revise my impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment